Wednesday, August 8, 2007

First week update

Hi everyone!

Things are going pretty well here. Vi is sleeping, eating, and pooping, so all systems are in working order. I'm trying to remember to nap when she does...but as you see, I am taking advantage of her napping to do other stuff like updating this silly blog. :-)

As of Friday, at her first pediatrician's appointment, she weighed 7 pounds, 8 ounces - that's a quarter pound over her birth weight. She's a good eater.

I'm all healed and I have more energy that I thought I would. I think the hardest part is waking up in my deep sleep stage to tend to her needs - that's when I feel the most exhausted. We've been getting out of the house a lot already. Dan and I took Vi and Riley to the park the other day for a walk and some fetch. Vi and I had our first solo outing yesterday, attending a "Blossoming Newborns" class at Ballard House. She was the littlest one there. :-)

Dan has returned - very reluctantly- to work. He would so much rather be home with the baby and me - especially the baby!

Cutting this post short - little one is ready for me.

-Lindsay

1 comment:

Katrine said...

My first outing with my first baby was definitely not a "blossoming newborns" class, it was Jake at 14 days and myself at the Maine Diner for some delicious eggs benedict and bacon. The waitress there still remembers that visit, 10 years later.
I'm glad to hear that you're feeling well and getting out. It's such a lovely time of year to have a baby and go for long walks with the stroller.