Thursday, May 21, 2009

Too many mountains!

"God gave us mountains, so we could learn how to climb." Ever hear that one?

I DON'T WANT ANY MORE MOUNTAINS...at least for a while. Vi has a double ear infection and hand-foot-mouth disease. I threw my back out and can't walk like a normal adult. And, all the other "stuff" that is going on is still going on.

Some GOOD-GOOD things that are getting me through:

Vi singing "Do-Re-Mi" and "So Long, Farewell."
Our garden! Carrots are up! Corn is up! Basil is up! Sunflowers are up! Zucchini is about to blossom! Peonies will pop any day now! Lilacs are in full bloom and making my house smell WONDERUL.
Upcoming date at Beal Street BBQ courtesy of Auntie Boo.
Kris Allen winning American Idol (okay - it's a bit hyperbolic to say that this one is "getting me through," but I truly am pleased that the contestant with the widest range of talents - vocal, instrumental, arrangement - and the best appreciation for what I consider GOOD music, won!)
Sunshine - Today it will get up into the 80s. Per my doctor's orders, I will be eating lunch outside to get some Vitamin D.
Friends - one drove me to the doctor yesterday, one gave us heat-n-serve dinner last night, and all are so supportive and understanding.

There - I feel better. Just making a list of happy things will often do the trick for me.

I wish for all of you many happy things, and a nice long weekend! (I should put "upcoming 3-day weekend" on my happy list!)

1 comment:

Katrine said...

This is going to be a good weekend. I can feel it.