Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wrinkles

People keep asking me if I'm at my breaking point, if I'm holding up okay, if the situation is wearing on me...

I must be getting wrinkles.

Don't get me wrong - they are all correct to think that I am nearing my wit's end. I never really thought that Dan would be unemployed this long. It's only been three months, and I'm already feeling like it's been forever. I realize this could go on for a lot longer - this might not be just a blip on the screen. I think I am completely unprepared, emotionally, for the long-term.

When I say I never really thought Dan would be unemployed this long, in reality, I never really thought Dan would be unemployed unintentionally. We had grand schemes of him cutting back his responsibilities at work and going to school. Why couldn't he just become an engineer? A geologist? Let's sell the house, buy a duplex and rent half of it, and make it work. Right? Why not? The best laid plans...

Nothing really is as I expected. Nothing ever is. I can honestly say that the only piece of my life that is as good as I expected is Vi. My love for her, Dan's love for her, the light she brings to our daily existence - it's more perfect than I could have dreamed.

Happy to ME!

No comments: