Monday, April 20, 2009

180

Give more, to get more? I take that back. (For now. Just for this rant. Really.)

I have learned today that a business to whom I have been consistently referring new business has taken on a relationship with my competitor, and pulled potential business away from me and my firm.

I'm not a cut-throat business person. I believe in honesty and integrity. I believe in positive partnerships. I think I have learned a valuable lesson today, but I'm not sure how to articulate it. Basically, I was giving and giving and giving...much more than I was ever going to receive.

It's not personal, it's business. Right? Somehow, this realization still hurts in a very personal way. And, I'm going to have to mourn the loss of a relationship that I had valued more than it was ever worth.

Anyone have a business-smart karma book to suggest? :-)

No comments: