Thursday, March 12, 2009

New words!

Vi is still surprising (and confusing) us with her language development. Every day there are new, distinct words that she just starts using. For instance:
Girl
Puppy
Paint
Playdough
Hello (Hai-looooo)
George (as in Curious OR the collie who lives in our neighborhood)
Cream of Wheat
Milk
Book
Wash
Sit (or as she says it, Sit, sit, sit, sit.)
Turtle

She is also requesting more specific activities - she does The Monkey while saying "Do, do, do" as a request for music and dancing. She says "ay-eee-ay-eee-ay" as a request for me to sing Old MacDonald. And she says "See? See? See?" when she wants to go look at something. Her "yes" is still "yessssh," and her Riley is still "baaa-neeee." She knows groups of people - if I mention Grammy, she nods and says "Papou?" and if I mention Dylan she nods and says "Ah-dee!" for Dylan's daddy, Adam. She is still randomly exclaiming "Noni!" and "Ky!" although I realized yesterday she may be saying Noodles and Climb rather than Noa and Kyle. Still, when I ask if she can say Adrianne (Noa's mom and Kyle's wife and my good friend, owner of www.turtlelovecommittee.com) she nods her head yes. Like, "Yes, I can say that three-syllable word, but I choose not to."

In other news:

Dan is in his third week of truck-driving school. He really likes it! He's driving with his instructor out on the open road...he's a STUDENT DRIVER all over again. IN A VERY LARGE TRUCK.

Grandma is not doing well. She had a stroke and a seizure in the last week. Her language and other occupational skills are depleted to a 5-year-old level. All systems are functioning, but she's not really there. My aunt is so sad to see her like this every day, and my mother is planning on heading back in a couple of weeks.

Tax season is almost over! I have one more year-end financial package to prepare by tomorrow, one that is finished and needs to be sent off, and another client on extension that we're doing a few special projects on before finalizing their reports.

I've made the assumption that my readers know where I work and what I do, but that may not be the case. I am on LinkedIn, and you can see my profile and the information about my firm at http://www.linkedin.com/in/lindsaywalsh. I provide bookkeeping services to businesses of all sizes, customized to meet your needs, using Peachtree, QuickBooks, and Microsoft Dynamics GP. Services include but are not limited to: bank account reconciliation, financial statement preparation, payables and receivables management, quarterly and annual financial reviews, sales and payroll tax filing. My specialties include Financial review, annotation and reconciliation of financial statements for tax preparation, payroll, sales tax, payables, receivables, monthly write-up, Peachtree support and training.

Right now I'm working on a QuickBooks seminar , inventory valuation, payroll and bill-payment, and marketing our firm to the Southern Maine area...among other things. I keep busy. I work here full-time, and I am fortunate to say that I really love my job. I have great co-workers, clients, and the firm has a mission I enjoy upholding.

And...

I'm accepting new clients. Leads are welcome!

That's all from me today. It's a sunny and blustery day here, my tulips, daffodils and crocuses have poked their little heads up out of the dirt, and the 21st is just around the corner. I'm dreaming of Spring...

No comments: