Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Quick, quick update!

Greg is being discharged today. His recovery is right on track. Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers.

Dan is helping a friend do some demolition and remodeling, and is able to repurpose most of the materials. They carefully removed the deck, and we will be adding a deck onto our house at no cost with the wood!

Mom and George are still in Ohio, helping to move Grandma (G.G.) out of her apartment and permanently into assisted living. There will be quite a bit of furniture going to a consignment shop, and some trinkets and kitchen ware distributed to family as part of the down-sizing process. I spoke with Grandma the other day, for about a minute, and she sounds so tired. In good spirits, cognisant, alert - just very, very tired.

And, a quick Vi story: On my way out the door this morning, we were blowing lots of kisses to each other. I ran over and got a real kiss, right on the cheek. I exclaimed, "I LOVE your kisses!" To which she replied, "I LOVE your kisses!" I said, "Bye-bye, sweetie," and she parroted that back to me, as well. All of this went down while she was toddling around in my heels, because I told her it was time to get her shoes on and go to school.

Oh, and she has now mastered the phrase, "No, thank you." Polite, but quite frustrating when I am just offering to change her diaper!

So, tell me: who among you would like to be invited to a deck-building party?

No comments: