Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Oh, the place for you and the place for me...

...is the local, public library!

We were driving by the library, and Vi said, "I want to go to library and get cookie monster book." She picked out dinosaur books, sat down at a little table, and read them out loud. Or, I should say, looked at them out loud. We borrowed 4 books: Curious George Learns the Alphabet, SNOW!, Chicks & Salsa, and Sheep Out to Eat. On our way to check out, I thought I smelled something suspicious, so I checked her diaper. One problem: NO DIAPER. She was in underpants, and I had no idea! I'd been dragging her all over town running errands for well over an hour, thinking she had on a diaper when I picked her up from school. Nooooo.

Luckily, she was completely dry. My nose was picking up some other kid's poop. We ran into the little girls' room, and just in the nick of time! So, in the end...another successful day of potty training for Vi!

Plus, we ended up with books.

Our updated Winter Indoors Activity List:

Library
Open Swim
Audubon Children's Room

What other fun, indoor things do you do with your family during Winter in Maine?

No comments: