Monday, November 30, 2009

A quick hello

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving!

In our house, we are ready for Christmas. Tonight we went for a Christmas Lights Drive, with John Denver & The Muppets "A Christmas Together" roaring on the radio. Over the weekend we went on the first of what I think will be many horse & wagon rides in the Old Port. Get this - it's FREE!

Other than that, we're busy working and trying to remember to play as much as we can. We've decided to combat winter isolation by having pot-luck dinners at our house on Tuesdays. It's usually Mexican night. Come on over if you're hungry!

A couple of cute Vi-isms:

Dick and Jane is one of her new favorite books. She calls it Duck and James.

Last night, she went to bed around 8:30. At 11:30, I heard her padding down the hallway and arriving next to my bed. She whispered, "Mommy!" I opened one eye and said, "What's up, goose?" She replied, in an excited little whisper, "Mommy! I want to snuggle, with YOU! I want to read my book with YOU!" I said, "Oh my goodness, I don't even know what to say!" I mean, it was so sweet, I just wanted to smother her with snuggles and kisses. (All the while, I knew what I had in store for me....) She said back to me, "Oh my goodness! I don't know what to say!" and then hoisted up her Duck & James book onto the bed (read: whacked me with a hard-cover book. Let the snuggling begin.) I said, "You brought a book?" She said, "Yeah. Duck and James. And my baby. And my blankie." Sure enough, on closer inspection, this kid had packed for her visit to The Big Bed. I pulled her up and settled her in between Dan and me. Smothered her with as many kisses as allowed by Toddler Law. Tried to go back to sleep. Fought against the elbows, poking fingers, and frequently perpendicular body for bed space. Woke up with a neck ache.

But, oh...it was just one of those sweet, kissable moments.

1 comment:

Katrine said...

Lucky!!!!
You're so LUCKY.

And mine aren't too old for horse drawn wagon rides yet - I think we'll do that!